The AcFTA (Africa Continental Free Trade Area) started operating on 1 January 2021. A number of questions are being raised as to what to expect now?
This webinar (AcFTA goes live: what it means) will look at:
- What does the launch mean in actuality?
- Overall, what is the goal of AcFTA?
- What should people expect? E.g. lesser migration restrictions for business people? Faster clearance of imports and exports across Africa?
- What would count as success for AcFTA? Is it increase in intra-Africa trade volumes? Notable economic growth in different countries?
- What are some of the things needed for AcFTA to take off successfully?
- What (if anything) has been done to ensure a smooth sailing of AcFTA? Have countries been working on improving road/rail networks? Harmonization of customs?
- What are some real threats to the success of AcFTA? Is anything being done by AU & individual countries to deal with the threats?
Listen to the discussion on our YouTube Channel.
Look at upcoming webinars and join in.