Join us for this upcoming discussion on Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB): China’s alternative to Bretton Woods? In the discussion we will look at:
- What is the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
- Why did it come into being?
- What is the composition, mandate, functions and objectives of the AIIB?
- What is the AIIB’s role in China’s foreign policy, especially in terms of the BRI?
- How does the AIIB fit within the existing global financial framework and what is its relationship with the traditional Bretton Woods System?
- What role does the AIIB play in Africa’s economic development and its relationship with China?
- What are some of the aspects of the AIIB that will prove critical to changing the way African countries approach foreign borrowing and project financing?